Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bow Chicka Wow Wow

That song is stuck in my head.
Okay, so I promised Kayk I'd do a lovely little post tonight, so here. I'm posting. Done.
What's been happening? I have a beautiful new "Dani Feel Good Wall," which looks fantastic, with a bunch of cute and funny pictures strewn about. It brightens up the room.
What else? Not much else going on. Kinda tired. Had a sweet Unofficial a while back.
Went to my first footy game last night. I had a conversation with Nick Maxwell, captain of the Collingwood team.
Me: "Hey, Nick."
Nick: "Hey, how are you going?"
Me: "Good."
Nick: "Good luck."
Me: "Thanks!"'
We're so gonna be best friends soon.
I got to also take a little picture with the Geelong cat and St. Kilda (yay!) Saint.
Another wonderful thing about Australia is that you can bring any non-glass/can food or beverage in like it's whatever to sporting events. I love it. And the in-MCG food isn't horribly priced. Tom's a part of the MCC -- aka Fancy Footy Club-- where you get fantastic seats for a discount, so we were really up close. Apparently, his dad was telling me that he had to put Tom and his sister on the waiting list 16 years ago because you have to wait for people to die so you can replace them in this club. Crazy, no?
My new favorite phrase to use is "cold as" or "expensive as" or (insert word) as. Really, it's a superlative and it doesn't make sense (cold as what?!) but I like it and use it frequently.
I went to Tom's vineyard a bit back (sorry this isn't in order) out in Castlemaine -- the countryside--- and it was absolutely gorgeous. His parents gave me lots of wine and we walked through the vineyard and it was wonderful. I named his chickens, too. Mrs. Gertrude Clucksworthy and Miss Georgette Hensickle.
This weekend we were all supposed to go to Ocean Grove and go camping, but the weather got icks, so we're planning for two weeks from now. Great Ocean Road next weekend!
Also, all plans are set for the Easter Break Adventure with Paul and Susan. Three days in Sydney, three days in Cairns, a day in Brisbane, and three days on Fraser Island with tours and such. So cool. It's costing me a pretty penny, but hey, I'm in Australia, right?
I miss Reeses. Hilary just gave me one that her friend's mom sent her. They don't sell them here. :(
I love Hilary. Such a good roommate and the best stories. And she's really wise, too. Good listener, good advice. All around wonderful girl. I'm glad I have her, opposed to some other Americans here.
Overall, all of the Americans and Australia are kind and funny and interested in knowing me. I love coming across a funny pronounciation ("conDOHM") and trying to muster up a good accent. You should hear me say "Australia." So good at it. ("'Straiya!")
In any case, I'm behind on my work and it's quarter till 2, so I best jet. xx

1 comment: